Features and Benefits
ARRIS provides leading-edge RFoG-compliant Optical Network Units (R-ONUs) enabling cable operators easy deployment of advanced fiber-to-the-home and fiber-to-the-building topologies that provide complete subscriber support while seamlessly integrating with existing headend and back office technology. ARRIS R-ONUs support any RFoG solution that uses standard industry wavelengths to and from the customer premises. A large variety of model options are available to support worldwide deployments, features, and applications including Single Dwelling Unit (SDU), Multi-Dwelling Unit (MDU), and High-Output MDU (MDU-HO) installations. All models with 1610 nm returns support the optical overlay of both 1G and 10G PON signals without impacting existing RFoG services. PON pass-through versions are available with 1G, or both 10G and 1G connectivity, enabling operators to deploy advanced data services as required.
ARRIS's latest innovative "OBI-free" R-ONU eliminates Optical Beat Interference (OBI) that has been an issue in traditional RFoG deployments. OBI-free R-ONU technology supports multiple simultaneous upstream RF channel transmissions, enabling multiple MAC domains and full DOCSIS®3.0 and 3.1 channel usage to efficiently coexist, providing full use of available upstream bandwidth usage for RF returns.
One version of OBI-free technology is currently supported: a manual upstream selection model that supports up to 16 R-ONUs transmitting into a single receiver input. Lower cost unmanaged (non-OBI-free) R-ONUs are also available.
R-ONUs supporting all standard return passbands with forward bandwidths up to 1.2 GHz are available, with 1310 nm returns an option on non OBI-free models. All units are constructed in rugged cast metal housings and meet wide temperature ranges for both indoor and outdoor installations. Protective outdoor enclosures are purchased separately.
- Latest technology RFoG ONUs for SDU and MDU, including high-gain (48 dBmV) MDU applications
- Standards-compliant "OBI-free" technology models support DOCSIS 3.1 upstream performance operation
- Managed and unmanaged OBI-free options support a variety of worldwide implementation needs- Fixed-management versions support 16 ONUs per receiver
- 1 Gbps/10 Gbps PON pass-through versions support fast- growing RF+PON applications
- 5-42, 5-65, or 5-85 MHz return options on 1610 nm wavelength
- 51, 85, or 102 to 1218 MHz (1.2 GHz) forward bandwidth options on 1550 nm wavelengths
- Rugged cast housings meet tough environmental conditions
- Indoor and outdoor mounting options